The Groove Cruise LA goes from The Port of Long Beach to:
CATALINA ISLAND + ENSENADA, MEXICO
Santa Catalina Island, often called Catalina Island, or just Catalina, is an island off the coast ofSouthern California. just 22 miles (35 km) south-southwest of Los Angeles.
Catalina is a place where the gentle rhythm of the waves makes time slow down. It’s a place where you can paddle through crystal clear waters in the crisp morning air, followed by Mai Tais and sun soaked massages on the beach in the afternoon. Moonlit walks are the norm and a sense of timelessness surrounds you. That Catalina feeling of tranquility is better known as Island Time.
Did you know?
- Catalina is 22 miles long and 8 miles across at greatest width.
- Called “Pimugna” or “Pimu” by Native Americans.
- First Europeans claimed it as a spanish empire.
- Was used for smuggling, otter hunting and gold digging.
- Was developed into a tourist destination by William Wrigley, founder of Wrigley chewing gum.
- Population: 4,069. 90% live in Avalo.
- Avalo is the only incorporated city on the island.
- About 1 million tourists visit the island every year.
- Famous for schools of flying fish.
- Was a favored getaway destination for Hollywood starsin the 1930s.
- Dozen of movies have been filmed here.
- Marilyn Monroe lived on the island for a time with her first husband.
Escape to Mexico’s original seaside getaway, Ensenada. Once a favorite hideaway for high-rolling Hollywood stars, Ensenada is now one of Mexico’s most popular ports of call. You can cruise to Ensenada to snorkel and kayak at Punta Banda, but the true pleasures of this festive city are culinary. Have your fill of fresh oysters and sip a rich Baja merlot in Ensenada, Mexico.
Did You Know?
- Ensenada is a Coastal city in Mexico.
- Located 108 km south of the US boarder.
- Attributed to Spanish, Russian and American influence.
- Known for its festivities and laid back atmosphere.
- Ensenada mean “cove” in Spanish.
- Full name “Ensenada de todos Santos” .
- (On an episode of South Park Kenny is lost in Ensenada)
- Rumors within inhabitants of the city says Alphonse G. Capone owned Riviera Pacific Casino and Hotel, which was famous in the area.
- Is known for its watersports.
- Locally referred to as “La cenicienta del Pacifico” which means “The cinderella of the pacific”.
- Population: 689,075